6 days ago
Kahkiyaw kimiyotôtenawaw okiskinwahamâkosiwak. Wishing you a safe and happy summer! ☀️☀️☀️ ... See MoreSee Less
Attention Grade 12 Students from EJSH!
If you are planning on attending a post-secondary institution this Fall, the Wetaskiwin Lions club is going to have two scholarships for one grade 12 EJSH student and one grade 12 NSS student! 🙂 Each scholarship is going to be worth $1000.00. This can help pay for any of your post-secondary expenses! 🙂 Please read the criteria below and what information you need to provide to submit your application.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: September 1, 2020
- Live in Alberta
- Have or will be graduating from grade 12
- Have been accepted at a post-secondary institution of one or more years of study leading to a certificate or degree.
- Have not reached your twentieth birthday at time of application.
- Those who have received the Lions Legacy Scholarship in the past will not qualify for future grants from the Lions of Alberta Legacy Scholarship.
- Demonstrate a commitment to humanitarian causes and exhibit the Lions’ service- oriented philosophy by actively volunteering in their communities.
Submit the following items to your local Lions club:
1) Student Application Form (Attached with this announcement)
2) A transcript of your most recent marks
3) Confirmation of acceptance (e.g. tuition receipt), the name of the post-secondary institution and the specific field, school or faculty into which they are enrolling.
4) Letters of reference (maximum of four) with a detailed summary of your character; leadership roles within the school; involvement in extracurricular activities at school; involvement in organizations in the community at large; work experiences and special interests/hobbies.
5) One-page self-written letter expressing why they should receive the award.
Applications can be submitted by email or mail.
Mailing Address: P.0. Box 6281 Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 2E9
If you have any further questions about the scholarship, please contact Chris Karnitsky (President of Wetaskiwin Lions Club) at 780-360-2729. If you need support with applying for this scholarship feel free to contact Ms. Foureyes-Awasis at 587-207-4446.
Here is the application pdf file link: file:///Users/terifoureyesawasis/Desktop/Lions%20Scholarship%20Application.pdf ... See MoreSee Less
To open application document just copy and paste the link to a new window. 🙂